Monday, January 10, 2011

Natural Insect Repellent

We are planning a trip to Costa Rica soon for a wedding and are bringing my one year old daughter!  Naturally, like any mother, I am thinking of all the many things to bring for her fun and safety!  As I try to avoid the use of all chemicals in my home as much as possible, I prefer to stay away from over the counter bug repellent's as most of them contain DEET (a toxic and potent chemical).

I started researching different ways to repel mosquitos naturally and came up with the following:

1.  Layer your clothing

2.  Apply crushed lemon thyme oil to your skin

3.  Eat lots of garlic!

4.  Apply lemon eucalyptus oil to your skin

5.  Buy bug repellent spray at your local natural health food store which usually contain only natural ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment