Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Chai Tea Latte

This is what I like to make for my friends when they come over for afternoon tea and good conversation!  I haven't met anyone who didn't like this as the flavour is very rich but not too overpowering with a perfect balance of spicy, creamy and sweet.

I also find that this tea contains the secret ingredients to help inspire you with thoughts to blog about :) I like to think it works for me anyways!

Chai Tea Latte

4 cups of water
2 cups of milk (any kind you prefer, I usually use soy milk)
2 black tea bags (or any other flavour you prefer, earl grey is another fav!)
10 cardamon seeds
3 whole cloves
2 black peppercorns
Sugar or sweetener to taste
1/4 of a cinnamon stick

Boil all of the ingredients together except for milk.  Once the liquid has come to a boil, take the temperature down and let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes.  After 10 minutes, pull out the tea bags and spices.  Add milk and stir.  For a frothy texture, use a hand blender to whip all of the ingredients together and voila!  Serve in a tea cup with sprinkles of cocoa and cinnamon, if you like!

Makes 6 cups of goodness.

Cardamon Pods
(can be purchased at any grocery store)

Whole Cloves
(can be purchased at any grocery store)

Cinnamon Sticks
(can be purchased at any grocery store)

No comments:

Post a Comment