Thursday, December 2, 2010

Our Nursery xo

Before Maya was born, like every expecting mother, I spent some time thinking about what I wanted her nursery to look like.  I was thinking neutral colours (creams, beiges, light yellows, white) and different textures (satin, fleece, ribbons, cotton and plush suede type materials). I would accent this with light pink (maybe pillows, picture frames etc).  I wanted it to smell of love and closeness.  I also wanted to make up for the lack of girly colours with a small chandelier.  The idea was perfect.

I was browing some websites and came up with this photo that I fell in love with:

You know when you see something and you just want to stop looking because you know its the one.  Well this was it for me.  My dream nursery.  So ...naturally, I called up my mom :)  She is the master in the family when it comes to any type of hand work so she offered to make the bedding, curtains and pillows for Maya.  They turned out BEAUTIFULLY! 

(will post photo of bedding soon)

So after putting up the finishing touches black and white photos from my pregnancy shoot in 10 x 13 white frames and putting her name on the wall above the white elegant crib in pastel colours, we were ready for baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment