Monday, December 20, 2010

Santa, I am going to have to get used to you again!

So, we took our little bambino to visit with Santa yesterday to get her photo taken at the mall!  It was so amazing to see her face light up when she saw the Jolly Big Guy.  He could not have been mistaken for any relative, neighbour or friend, this Santa was the real deal!  It brought back lots of memories of when I was a kid and actually believed in Santa.  After the magic of the event dissipated, I came to realize, we are well on our way to creating a big fat lie for our daughter.  "Santa is real?!?!. "There is a part of me that wonders who created this fictional character and why?  I would never want my daughter to lie to me and now I am well on my way to lying to her!  I was full of mixed emotions about it but later thought, it really is Jolly Ol' St. Nick who creates the symbolism of giving at Christmas and as a result, developing closeness to family and friends which is really what Christmas is truly about.  He is just a symbol of the beauty and magic of Christmas and even though HE is not REAL, he does bring alot of TRUTH and REALITY to the world around Christmas of the importance of family, friends, love and happiness.  He helps us to remember and reprioritize what is really important- and THAT is so real.

I realized that I have to remember what is was like to believe in him again in order to recreate the magic of him for my daughter. At the same time, I also find myself starting to relive his magic too.  Its then that I realized that we really DO carry the magic of Christmas with us forever...and this is how it all begins :)
Merry Christmas Maya xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment